Hunger knows no boundaries, has no age limits and it never takes a vacation! City or suburb, one in ten Minnesota families will go hungry tonight. More than 30 years ago, members of an Elk River ministerial association saw the need and established COMMUNITY AID ELK RIVER, often referred to simply as CAER or CAER Food Shelf, to assist people in the community who might need help with food and other basic necessities. Today, local churches, schools, youth groups, civic organizations, businesses and individuals are still joining hands in that effort.
CAER provides food and referrals or limited financial support for basic necessities to the residents of Elk River, Otsego and most of Zimmerman. Although not eligible for food, residents of Big Lake, Becker and Princeton can come to CAER for limited financial assistance.
Currently, CAER offers the following programs:
• Monthly Food Assistance, including holiday meals
• Winter Wear
• Emergency Financial Assistance for shelter and utilities
• Children’s Programs: KIDZ KITZ (a supplemental summer food package), School Supplies (August), and Gifts Anonymous— a holiday toy collection and distribution program
• CAR CAER, assistance with minor car repairs or tires
To receive assistance from CAER, you must live within our service area and provide proof of residence—a postmarked item with name and address, dated within the past 30 days. Emergency financial assistance requires all applicants to first seek help through Sherburne or Wright County Health and Human Services.
Recent News & Upcoming Events
- SPECIAL EVENTS PLANNED FOR MN FOODSHARE MARCH CAMPAIGN There are several events planned throughout the month of March to celebrate MN FoodShare March Campaign. We’d love to see you there. Help us raise cash and non-perishable food for the hungry in our community. CAER can leverage every $10 into $100 worth of food — your contribution will never work harder or do more more »The post SPECIAL EVENTS PLANNED FOR MN FOODSHARE MARCH CAMPAIGN appeared first on Caer Food Shelf.
- “FILL THE CAER VAN” SATURDAY, MARCH 7TH! HELP CAER FILL ITS NEW VAN ON SATURDAY, MARCH 7TH AT CUB FOODS IN ELK RIVER! BE THERE ANYTIME FROM 10AM – 2PM AND BE PART OF THIS MINNESOTA FOODSHARE MARCH CAMPAIGN EVENT. WE WILL GLADLY ACCEPT YOUR NON-PERISHABLE FOOD DONATION OR CASH! THE MORE WE RAISE NOW, THE MORE WE EARN! SEE YOU ON more »The post “FILL THE CAER VAN” SATURDAY, MARCH 7TH! appeared first on Caer Food Shelf.
- MN FOODSHARE MARCH CAMPAIGN ALMOST HERE! March 1st is Sunday and we are into the one month each year dedicated to raising money to support the more than 300 foodshelves in Minnesota. CAER is asking you to help us meet our 2015 goal of $130,000 in food and cash donations. Last year, CAER had 7,651 visits for food and distributed nearly more »The post MN FOODSHARE MARCH CAMPAIGN ALMOST HERE! appeared first on Caer Food Shelf.
- CAER POSTS HOLIDAY SCHEDULE CAER Food Shelf will be closed: December 23 through December 26th; and December 31 and January 1, 2015. CAER will be open: December 22 and 29, 2014 from 10 am – 3 pm and from 6 – 8 pm. January 2, 2015 from 10 AM – 3 PM. As always please arrive one hour more »The post CAER POSTS HOLIDAY SCHEDULE appeared first on Caer Food Shelf.
- GIFTS ANONYMOUS DRIVE BEGINS! Gifts Anonymous has begun collecting new, unwrapped toys and gifts for children 18 and younger. You can drop off your gift at any one of the following locations prior to December 18th. Cash donations are also welcome. The Bank of Elk River will deposit your donation in the Gifts Anonymous account. Last year, Gifts Anonymous provided more »The post GIFTS ANONYMOUS DRIVE BEGINS! appeared first on Caer Food Shelf.
Get ALL the latest news & even more info about upcoming events on CAER’s blog!