Hunger knows no boundaries, has no age limits and it never takes a vacation! City or suburb, one in ten Minnesota families will go hungry tonight. More than 30 years ago, members of an Elk River ministerial association saw the need and established COMMUNITY AID ELK RIVER, often referred to simply as CAER or CAER Food Shelf, to assist people in the community who might need help with food and other basic necessities. Today, local churches, schools, youth groups, civic organizations, businesses and individuals are still joining hands in that effort.
CAER provides food and referrals or limited financial support for basic necessities to the residents of Elk River, Otsego and most of Zimmerman. Although not eligible for food, residents of Big Lake, Becker and Princeton can come to CAER for limited financial assistance.
Currently, CAER offers the following programs:
• Monthly Food Assistance, including holiday meals
• Winter Wear
• Emergency Financial Assistance for shelter and utilities
• Children’s Programs: KIDZ KITZ (a supplemental summer food package), School Supplies (August), and Gifts Anonymous— a holiday toy collection and distribution program
• CAR CAER, assistance with minor car repairs or tires
To receive assistance from CAER, you must live within our service area and provide proof of residence—a postmarked item with name and address, dated within the past 30 days. Emergency financial assistance requires all applicants to first seek help through Sherburne or Wright County Health and Human Services.
Recent News & Upcoming Events
- 8TH ANNUAL CAER CLASSIC GOLF TOURNAMENT – JUNE 17, 2015 Want to have fun and support a great cause? Join us for the 8th Annual CAER Classic Golf Tournament on Wednesday, June 17, 2015 at the beautiful Elk River Country Club. Registration begins at 10:30 am with a shotgun start at noon. Lunch and dinner are included in this year’s price along with your game more »The post 8TH ANNUAL CAER CLASSIC GOLF TOURNAMENT – JUNE 17, 2015 appeared first on Caer Food Shelf.
- COMMUNITIES RAISE RECORD DONATIONS FOR CAER FOOD SHELF Thank you to one and all for your donations to CAER Food Shelf during MN FoodShare’s March Campaign! Together you raised $77,763 in cash and 53,522 lbs. of food — a total of 131,285 in food and cash donations! W are so grateful for the continued support of the communities we serve. As the need more »The post COMMUNITIES RAISE RECORD DONATIONS FOR CAER FOOD SHELF appeared first on Caer Food Shelf.
- CAER CLOSED FOR EASTER HOLIDAY CAER WILL BE CLOSED THURSDAY, APRIL 2 AND FRIDAY, APRIL 3, 2015 FOR THE EASTER HOLIDAY. WE WILL RE-OPEN ON MONDAY, APRIL 6 AT 10:00 AM. WE WISH YOU AND YOURS A WONDERFUL EASTER!The post CAER CLOSED FOR EASTER HOLIDAY appeared first on Caer Food Shelf.
- SPECIAL EVENTS PLANNED FOR MN FOODSHARE MARCH CAMPAIGN There are several events planned throughout the month of March to celebrate MN FoodShare March Campaign. We’d love to see you there. Help us raise cash and non-perishable food for the hungry in our community. CAER can leverage every $10 into $100 worth of food — your contribution will never work harder or do more more »The post SPECIAL EVENTS PLANNED FOR MN FOODSHARE MARCH CAMPAIGN appeared first on Caer Food Shelf.
- “FILL THE CAER VAN” SATURDAY, MARCH 7TH! HELP CAER FILL ITS NEW VAN ON SATURDAY, MARCH 7TH AT CUB FOODS IN ELK RIVER! BE THERE ANYTIME FROM 10AM – 2PM AND BE PART OF THIS MINNESOTA FOODSHARE MARCH CAMPAIGN EVENT. WE WILL GLADLY ACCEPT YOUR NON-PERISHABLE FOOD DONATION OR CASH! THE MORE WE RAISE NOW, THE MORE WE EARN! SEE YOU ON more »The post “FILL THE CAER VAN” SATURDAY, MARCH 7TH! appeared first on Caer Food Shelf.
Get ALL the latest news & even more info about upcoming events on CAER’s blog!